Wednesday, August 31, 2011

48 Hours til I'm in the 303!




The countdown is on! 48 hours from now I will be landing in beautiful Denver, Colorado! I haven’t been gone that long, but I am so excited to go back and visit.

I tried not to ‘plan’ too much out for my trip but there are a few things on the agenda:

- Long run

- Race

- Massage

- Date with Lauren (and her new beau)

- Date with Lynne (and her new FIANCE!!)

- Friend’s wedding

- 22 miler with Courtney (and see her new FIANCE too!)


Not too shabby. Why does the majority of the plans for my trip revolve around running? Oh yeah, because I pretty much revolve around running. I’m SO looking forward to running in cooler air. Air that doesn’t make me sweat the second I walk outside, the second I start moving. Amazing to think I could actually do a run where my running clothes weren’t sopping wet with sweat when I finished. I’m a little nervous for the altitude, but I’ll take it as a trade off for the air. Oh and the views. I love Colorado’s mountains. I just want to sit and soak it all in. I hope to hike and run in the mountains while I’m there.


Thanks to Paula for the photos :)



There are no ‘trails’ in Florida, and definitely no hills. My marathon is only 6 weeks away, but I’m hoping to get a few good trail runs in (and hope that works with my schedule.)



I’ve missed my parents a lot. I can’t wait for the home cooked meals, drinks on the patio, and the board games that we’ll play. I’m excited for the friendly people. It will be nice to walk around in my running clothes, smile at someone, and have them smile back. I’ve missed the beer: the selection, the freshness and the flavor. I’ve missed . I’m excited to see my friends. It’s hard to keep in touch with everyone when you move away, but so easy to catch back up when you come back. Maybe I’ll even tie up some loose ends. Who knows. I’m super excited to come home, and am ready to soak up every minute in the mile high city!! :D


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyy!!! I'm so excited!!! :D we should go over details on the LR ...I"m a huge dork.. Luke and I have been going back and forth on how to tackle it. I want to know your opinion! :D

Chuck said...

Aw have fun!